12-12-12 and 12-21-12 Shift
by Guru Rattana, Ph.D. - Issue #200, December 18, 2012
For a long time, many have been talking about and predicting a major planetary shift during 12-12-12 and 12-21-12. The end of the Mayan calendar and the Earth's alignment with the Galactic Center at Winter Solstice support what is considered to be the end of a 26,000 year cycle and the beginning of the Aquarian Age.
The components of 12-12-12 and 12-21-12 add up to three 3's. Three is positive/expansive mind.Three 3's equal nine. Nine is completion.
Perhaps it is not just coincidence that this issue of New Millennium Being is number 200!
I find all this interesting, and certainly hope and pray for an upgrade in consciousness for everyone, myself, and the Planet. I am one of the hundreds/millions of 'monkeys' who do my daily practice to facilitate my personal shift, and to make my contribution to the planetary collective.
It has been my experience that shifts in consciousness are tediously slow. For the last 13 years that I have been writing the New Millennium Being, I have watched hundreds of major planetary alignments, eclipses, new and full moons come and go. So I did not expect much more than 'another day' 12-12-12. However, I am very happy to share that I am witnessing what appears to indeed be a significant shift!
When We Experience Peace within and around Us
Almost 20 years ago a friend shared with me this quote from Thich Nhat Hahn (Buddhist monk from Vietnam) - "Until we are able to experience the peace that exists within, and the peace that is everywhere around us, we will not have peace on the Planet". I thought, wow!, this is the consciousness that I want to live in! Shortly afterward I eagerly attended his lecture in San Diego. I enjoyed his talk, but he didn't lead the audience through any meditation that could have evoked the inner/outer peace experience. It was the same when I attended his presentation to a stadium packed audience a few years ago. I could tell that Thich lives in this consciousness, but again it didn't get transmitted to the audience.
About a year ago I began to realize that inner peace is possible, not just in meditation, but in life. In the weeks leading up to 12-12-12 my awareness of inner peace became stronger. I noticed that I was able to make decisions and choose how I handle situations based on a powerful desire for inner peace. About a week before 12-12-12 I felt what Thich Nhat Hahn was talking about - "inner peace within me and around me". I felt a shift that seemed to open the door to the dimension of peace.
On 12-12-12, I began my Kundalini Yoga class with the above quote by Thich Nhat Hahn. Then I asked, "Who experiences peace within and all around you?" To my amazement and delight EVERYONE in the class enthusiastically raised their hands! At that moment I knew a shift was taking place. One lady said she had felt it for 3 days (she also expressed that most of the people she talked to about this thought she was crazy). For everyone in the class the shift has occurred very recently - within one to two weeks.
That evening I got an answer to a question that I have been asking for almost 20 years. Someone else I know got resolution from an issue that has been haunting him for 10 years.
Of course, not everyone feels inner peace. Some people are reacting negatively to the high frequency energy, like in the case of the insane school massacre of 26 children and teachers.
New Millennium Being Responses
I decided to ask my readers what they have been experiencing. I received about 20 answers, which confirm a dramatic awakening to inner peace. Here is a summary of some of their responses:
- "I have had many experiences. I feel calm and not in a rush. I have more patience with people around me. I am not so bossy and am much more accepting, instead of trying to control things. Without trying, I am less drawn to confrontational interactions. I am more in control of myself when anger and pressure arises. I feel much more life inside me, and receive knowledge rather than trying to learn. My head and spine have a constant warmth with some kind of pain and discomfort, but at the same time, when I breathe deeply, I feel so fulfilled. And here is the best part - I am blessed to understand how the difference starts within oneself - myself!"
- "I feel peace, clarity and a sense of everything being in right order, although I've been diagnosed with secondary bone cancer!"
- "I have been feeling peace and a glimmer of hope and optimism for the past 2-3 weeks. It feels like something has shifted in the atmosphere".
- "I have felt a much deeper sense of peace and a lack of fear. It seems like whatever happens is unfolding as it should".
- "From about 11/30/12 or so through 12/12/12 I found meditation very expansive, deep and pleasurable. When I asked other meditators about this, some found it harder to find time to meditate during this time".
- "From December 4-14, I felt an overwhelming calm at my core, a sort of absolute centeredness, a constant awareness of being a part of an infinite totality, a feeling of total belonging, security, harmony, happiness, and peace".
- "As for the shift felt by my yoga students and myself, we basically feel able to connect with our inner peace easily and fast, just tuning in and boom we're there, not much work needed. We love any heart set and chanting - the sound vibration is so strong. And we love connecting to the Earth".
- "I feel more in my feeling awareness throughout the day, versus in my mind. Simple things get me in the feeling awareness such as: movement (walking outside, stretching, and of course more obvious ones like dancing and yoga)". Sounds get me there too (any sound) and sights in nature or at home, observing items. Also I do simple routine tasks like washing dishes with awareness and presence.
- "I am grateful for these moments that are becoming more and more frequent. They make me feel right here in the present and neutral. As a result the future seems less important (not much planning these days) and wide open like an uncharted territory. As I feel more neutral internally. I feel more engaged externally in my words and actions and am able to express myself fully and honestly".
- "Yes I have noticed a difference. On Sunday 6th December, while meditating with a group and mentally repeating a certain mantra, I experienced all that I have read or heard about".
- "Kundalini rising. I felt my tail bone vibrating. There was no big gush or surge, but a natural passing of the energy through my system with at times intense heat. At the end I felt the energy at the back of the head where I tie my hair up, and then a loop as it went up and out of the crown of my head. I have been practicing this meditation most days for two years and this had not happened before. The next day I felt bright, energized and happy for no reason and this has continued".
- "I feel so much love and gratitude. Also sometimes in meditation I feel agitated, unsettled, and restless, like something needs to be released. I experience more awareness and conscious energy, which seems to have meaning and purpose, and a potential to be loved-based".
- "I felt the shift on 12/10/12 morning. A sense of deeper inner peace".
- "I feel supported and that I don't have to rely only on my own efforts".
- "I've been experiencing a lot of synchronicity. Everything, everywhere has harmony and relationship".
- "I feel that I am living in the Light, and in this Light I must live in full integrity and truth all the time. There is no room for cheating or getting away with anything. Any negativity manifests immediately. I see love in everyone".
- "Yes! I have experienced a very strong sense of peace accompanied by a profound love for all beings this past few weeks. The most curious is that I have been noticing that my 4 month old baby, and dog's, energies have shifted too! They have found each other and have been super mellow and loving as well. It's really powerful, and our family has been super connected and in sooo deep love with each other".
Inner and Outer Energy and Light
There are two basic sources of energy in life:
- One radiates and is generated within our own being.
- The other is environmental and universal energy.
Our life source is the Infinite Source. We are one with infinite energy, but it exists independent of our being. In other words, there is light within and there is light without. Our inner and personal frequency is the Light of our Soul. The universal frequency is the Light that is present everywhere.
The question is, what is the relationship between our inner personal light and outer light?
What is the status of our inner light? What outer light is available for our use? How are we impacted by the frequency of the outer light that is available on Planet Earth?
Beyond the minimum life force that keeps us going (independent of our consciousness and effort) there is a deep soul reservoir within each of us, which becomes available only if we tap into it, and choose to utilize it. It is the goal of our spiritual path to activate what we call the Light of our Soul.
We know, or at least believe and hope, that the Universal Light vibrates at the frequency of pure love, joy, and happiness. Our spiritual quest is to have this sublime experience in this physical incarnation, but we are faced with the reality that this pure vibration is not readily available in physical reality, where a denser vibration envelops the Earth. For millennia, the vibration on the planet has been so dense that in it we have experienced fear instead of Love, conflict instead of peace, and division instead of unity.
We partake in spiritual practices to upgrade the frequency of our personal light, so that we can experience Universal Light. We attempt to elevate our consciousness to merge with the outer Universal Light, but as we have all experienced, more than our own efforts are required. The outer Light has to be available.
More Light is Available
The major shift that is happening now, is that the outer Light is becoming more and more available in physical reality. The frequency on Planet Earth is upgrading from fear to love - to the heart chakra. This is why we are able to experience the higher frequencies on an on-going basis, not just when we meditate and generate light ourselves.
This is the shift that we are currently experiencing during 12-12-12 and 12-21-12.
As our physical and subtle bodies and mind begin to vibrate at a high enough frequency, our desire for inner peace is so compelling that we are able to reorient our life in profound ways. We ARE ABLE to achieve our goal of spiritual connection and Divine Love. At this higher frequency we ARE ABLE to forgive, to disengage from our stories, to detach from our conditioning, to release from the past, and to direct our life from higher ground.
The shift that is happening is supporting us, in becoming energetically able to choose love as a way of living and being. May we accept this gift with humility and deep gratitude.
Transitions to a Heart-Centered World by Guru Rattana, Ph.D., is a rich and unique compilation of the core teachings and Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations of Yogi Bhajan.
The new Second Edition, revised and updated,is ready to welcome a whole new generation of students to this life-changing technology. It offers powerful and effective techniques to both teacher and student, to empower your lower chakras and open your heart to unconditional love.
Contains literally dozens of meditations to access heart and soul consciousness.
Kundalini Yoga - Inner Peace
The most important thing on 12-21-12 is to have an experience of inner peace, and to totally enjoy and embody it. It doesn't take much to connect with this experience. After tuning in, or doing even one exercise, the space of peace is available. We don't want to do more, we want to sit there and savor the peace. I suggest choosing Kundalini Yoga sets with only a few or not over 10 exercises, so you have time to go into the experience after each exercise. You will find that each exercise pulls you in deeper, anchors you more into your body, and connects you with the field of peace that vibrates in your whole body and all around you.
Chair pose for 2-4 minutes is sure to deliver you to an embodied space of peace that you can enjoy immensely. Some of the kriyas I recommend include the following.
'Cleansing the Lymph Glands' on page 88 in Transitions to a Heart-Centered World 2nd Edition, opens the heart and neutral mind, and activates and keeps us connected to the navel.
'Preparation for Lungs, Magnetic Field, and Deep Meditation' on page 122 of Transitions is also a good one. It starts by opening the crown chakra and sacred space. Then you move down through the chakras, maintaining the space of peace and integrating it into your body.
'Heart Connection' on page 76 of Transitions is an easy set that pulls your into your inner space, without too much jumping around between exercises.
Before all these kriyas, do leg stretches and/or some standing postures as warm ups. After each of the exercises in the kriya, take the time to sit in easy pose and feel the presence of peace in your inner space, in your body, and then around you in your aura. Add chair pose, after a deep relaxation before meditation.
I know a group that is doing 2½ hours of Long Ek Ong Kars for sadhana. I would suggest 31 minutes if you have time, along with another more inner meditation like softly chanting Guru, Guru, Wahe, Guru, Guru, Ram Das, Guru up the chakras. There are many heart opening meditations in Transitions to choose from. 'Smiling Buddha' on page 155 is great if you want to chant internally. 'Meditation of Gurprasad' on page 167 is good if you want to simply be silent and receptive. 'Heart Shield Meditation' on page 147, pulls you into your heart and provides the protective shield of the Sat Narayan mantra.
Trust your intuition and choose what you wish to do.
During these special times, practice making choices that make it possible to live in peace. Cross things off the list that create more stress than they are worth. Organize your life so you can do things in a way that you feel relaxed and can enjoy what you are doing.
For news of all the latest astrological events, check out Guru Rattana Blog